Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh the holiday season!

I really should have thought about having a baby right smack in the middle of the holiday season when I got unexpectedly pregnant 11 years ago!  I feel like I am thinking about/preparing for a very special girl's birthday and then WHOA!  I forgot Christmas is only 20 days away!  (And I do this every year...)

I'm hoping to turn over a new leaf this holiday season, and, as such, I have put in my calendar 2 recurring events: Holiday Hour and Crafting time!  How I am going to be able to fit in that time when I have failed for about 20 years straight is beyond me...but maybe in planning for it I'll get more done than if I hadn't.

With Holiday Hour, I'm hoping to accomplish some things which I either never accomplish, or basically throw together willy-nilly at the last minute (thinking about good gifts for people, putting together Bill's annual photo calendar and photo book, etc.)  The best part about that hour, in my opinion, is that it can take place anywhere - if I can't sit down with the photos and the computer, then I can plan and think while I'm sitting and waiting at a soccer practice, or even while walking on the treadmill.  We'll see how it goes - I'm trying it out tonight at Emma's practice.

I'm hoping to make room for crafting with Crafting Time...scheduled from 9-10pm.  That will mean I have to put down my paintbrush (I'm painting - or hoping to paint - the main level of my house and that can mean some late hours).  I'll have to not wait until 9pm to exercise, which is a good idea anyway as I can't fall asleep if I exercise late.  Mostly, I'll have to organize the kids for the next morning and get them to bed - a huge feat for the holiday week coming up but perhaps I can enlist my husband's help.

OOH...I can just picture it...my first holiday season ever when I am not constantly rushing, and then wishing I had done so much more when I'm left to clean up the detritus in early January!

No comments:

Post a Comment